Thursday, May 1, 2014

Statuses No One Wants to See on Facebook! (Seriously) #SorryNotSorry

Let's be honest, we all went crazy with posting when Facebook first came out! I know I did! I posted where I was, who I was with, what I was doing and 1,000+ pictures, (of myself). That was 10 years ago and now sometimes some posts become a little excessive. I researched and spoke with random people all ages and came up with a list of posts we are all sick of seeing! Are you guilty? (Secret: I might be too!)

1. The Obvious Weather posts! 
OMG we get it... It's snowing, raining, hailing! It's not the end of the World and it's definitely not needed everyday! This winter I would wake up, look outside, see snow and know DO NOT GO ON FACEBOOK! If you don't like the Chicago weather... Move! Period!

2. Your Exact Location.
I get it, if you go somewhere and tag your friends and you HERE AND THERE, but realistically no one cares that you went to 12 bars with 15 people in one night! You're cool... Not! My thought is if you have enough time to post everywhere you go and who you're with you are not having that great of a time! 

3. The "I Have the Best Hubby/BF" post (everyday)! 
I post about my fiance being a great dad on Father's Day and on random days when I feel like it randomly BUT posting everyday NON STOP... Your relationship is more than likely not that great if you have to consistently post on Facebook and remind yourself how wonderful, loving, caring your significant other is! Listen, sharing on Favebook isn't going to fix your problems... Communicating with your partner is more important than lying to the whole world! 

4. Selfies... Everyday... Enough!
I actually enjoy looking at friends pictures, their new babies, a special moment in their life, a new haircut, etc., but when you are consistently posting pictures of yourself everyday, all day ... You are conceded! Get over yourself and please stop posting your #perfect #selfie. 

5. #HASHTAGS
This girl is guilty, all around! I get it, it can be a bit excessive... But there's a reason for hashtags! If you don't get it, you won't get it but it's great to see what's trending and get your posts out there to the public! Sorry, not sorry! #hashtags are in! 

6. Pictures of Your Meals.
MMMM WOW you cooked dinner... good for you! MMM that steak you made looks DELISH. Thanks for making me hungry! I didn't sign up for Facebook to get a million and one pictures of food you made. Share a recipe... yes please! Share everything you cook/bake, seriously I'd rather see another #Selfie! ** This in no way directed to the small business owners who make cookies, cakes, etc. for their clients, it is your job to share and advertise your goodies! Share away please!**

7. In A Relationship... Oh wait Nope not anymore....
It's Complicated, it's on or off.... really no one needs to know that you and your GF or BF broke up over the weekend and are now back together.  No one cares if it's complicated either! Either it's on or it's off and if it's off then it's NOT MEANT TO BE! Seriously, save yourself years... if you break up on Facebook more than the days in the week, it's NOT meant to be! Move on please.

8. Your Drama! 
Seriously, it's OK to rant and rave here and there to your friends. But if you are going to consistently BITCH on Facebook or Social Media (Sorry if that word offends anyone) and be negative - stop and think to yourself how that makes you look.  No one wants to here that you and your GF/BF/BFF got into a fight over something so ignorant and petty. Reading stupid crap like that on Facebook just makes me want to bash my head in my keyboard and then DELETE YOU! Work out your issues with that person NOT on Facebook! PERIOD.

9. You Make Thousands of Dollars.
Congrats! You have a GREAT job! That is something to be very proud of! You got a promotion YAY! You're making six figures and are buying yourself a brand new Lambo.... NO ONE CARES YOU ARROGANT A*S!  It's not all about money ok, I know we need money to live but I don't as your friend need to know how much you make to be your friend. Your personal finances are that... personal and should be kept that way. No one wants to hang out with someone always bragging about how much money they have or make.  

10. Your Kids Are Such Brats.
This is my BIGGEST pet peeve. I am lucky and blessed enough to have three children. Even though sometimes I'm frustrated, and upset because lets face it not one kid is perfect and well behaved every single day, I don't go on my Facebook and let my friends know what a pain in the butt my children are being and how I would love to "ship them off" or whatever! STOP AND THINK... how many of your friends or people who see your status CAN NOT have children.  How they see your status complaining about a child YOU choose to have and were LUCKY enough to have and they can't.  How they look at that and think, JEZZZ you are complaining about your "bratty" kids, I WISH I could complain about that.  Before you post these nagging, inappropriate posts about your children, step back and think to yourself how EXTREMELY lucky you are to have children.

With all that said I guess we all just need to be a little more cautious of what we post and how many times we post it.  Continual posts are usually the most annoying, always posting where you are and what your doing 7 times a day is usually a sign of TO MUCH social media!  I understand Facebook and what it is for... I LOVE seeing pictures of my family and friends kids, families, beach house, vacations, new babies, and I love hearing GOOD HAPPY NEWS like NEW BABY, WE ARE ENGAGED, I'm CANCER FREE! All positive posts ARE WELCOME.  

"Seek to be WHOLE, not perfect!" -OW

xoxo <3 J


No comments:

Post a Comment